Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gift Idea: Monogram Mug

So, I found this cute little pin on pinterest, however every time I saw it it had no link to a directions page. So, I kept putting off trying it. Well, I decided to give it ago, so that I can make someone a special gift this holiday.
It's really easy and really cute. I hope the person who is getting this, likes it!

So here's how to do it:

You need:
  • a sharpie, I used gold
  • A white mug, got mine cheap from Target
  • a letter sticker, found mine in the scrapbook section
Stick the letter to the mug. Slowly start putting small dots, using the tip of the sharpie to outline the letter.





Keep going until you have outlined the whole letter. Then start on the fancy designs you want to make. Like this:
Then once you are done. Peel off the sticker and discard. Then put the mug in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it though. Then pull it out and let it cool down for one hour before giving it a quick wash by hand. This lovely gift is a handwash only present :)

Anyway, happy making! :) 













No comments:

Post a Comment