Monday, April 7, 2014

Recipe: No bake cookie butter cookies

Have you tried Cookie Butter yet? I tried it at my old office and it is delicious. I think I could probably sit down and eat it out of the jar, but I am trying to be a little more civilized, so I decided to make some really easy no-bake cookies.


What you need:
  • 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 1/2 cups of milk
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • a pinch of salt
  • 3/4 cup of cookie butter (we got ours at Trader Joes)
  • 2 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 3 cups of quick cooking oats
I started by cutting up the butter and putting the butter, milk, sugar and salt in a saucepan. I heated it until it started to boil, stirring frequently. After it reaches a good boil, do not stir for about one full minute and then remove from heat. Stir in the cookie butter and the vanilla. After that's all blended, stir in the oats. All of the liquid should be soaked up by the oats. One wax paper scoop out a large tablespoon of the cookie butter/oats/butter/delicious mixture. Let them set until fully cooled and enjoy!

seriously guys, these are DELICIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment