Friday, August 1, 2014

For the Home: a smple bathroom storage solution

It's been over a week since my last post! What? I have been very busy though, I promise. Since my last post:
-Keith had a birthday!
-I had a half birthday (not as exciting)
-I read two books and started a 3rd. So- that's like 12/13 more until I finish my challenge that I made in an earlier post.
-I reopened my etsy shop lokibean
-I have a new plan for my etsy store, and started working on it. The new stuff/updated store will be coming soon
-Keith built me a desk
-I am planning a party

And I have a full time job. So, busy. We are still finishing up odds and ends at the apartment too, which I just want done. This is a post about a simple storage solution that I wanted to share.

I love my apartment. I love it. But a huge downfall is the lack of closets, or storage. This is really true in the bathroom. We don't even have a medicine cabinet. First we bought a tall storage self from Ikea and got large boxes that fit the shelves and have lids. We store those thing we don't want people to see in those (toilet paper, medicine, razors, etc). However we ran out of room.

So, I went to the dollar bin at Target and bought skinny baskets with large holes and some 3m plastic hook.


Attach the plastic hooks to the inside of the bathroom counter and make sure they are properly placed. I make the locations using the basket as a guide and a pencil. They are pretty sturdy too. I store vitamins, hairbrushes, etc in them and they hold out.

This post seems like a goofy one, but I thought it was important to share this in case any of you are city livers like us and just don't have space.

No comments:

Post a Comment