Sunday, August 3, 2014

Recipe: Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Keith had a birthday last week. So, to celebrate- I threw him a party. We had our great friends come over and eat delicious food and drink and have fun. I made Keith a taco bar, which was awesome! But I also made two special desserts- pretzel gelatin and dirt cake. This post is going to focus on the pretzel jello.

My aunt usually makes this for all our holidays- but in a large batch since we come from a large family. So- I tried to make individual servings. it turned out pretty good.

Ingredients
-1 and a 1/2 cups of crushed pretzels
-4 tablespoons plus 1 cup of sugar
-10 tablespoon of butter
-2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
-1 tsp of vanilla
-1 (8 ounce) container of frozen whipped topping (thawed)
-1 (6 ounce) package of strawberry gelatin
-2 cups of boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package of slices strawberries

The how to:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

 I lined up small ramekins on a cookie sheet.Then I ground up the pretzels using a rolling pin.  Combine 4 tablespoons of sugar, melted butter and pretzels in a bowl. I then put the pretzel mixture in the bottom of the ramekins and baked for 6 minutes. Then let it cool completely- I actually left them in the fridge overnight.

Next, I put the cup of sugar, cream cheese and vanilla in my stand up mixer. I mixed those up. I folded the whipped topping into the mixture and blended. Keith help me pipe the cream mixture using a freezer bag with the corner cut off, on top of the pretzel mixture. Then we let it sit for an hour.


I then mixed the boiling water with the gelatin and stir it until it dissolved. While still hot, I mixed in the frozen strawberries. The gelatin was too runny, so I threw it in the fridge for about 5 to 10 minutes, not too long though! I scooped a large amount of the gelatin into each one.

Once all set, let them chill in the fridge for a full hour before serving. I left two without strawberries because I don't like strawberries and some people don't like gelatin. There was extra strawberry gelatin when we made them, but I think that's why.

Enjoy everyone!! 




1 comment: