Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lemon Cake Mix Cookies

Last week, Keith and I had a great dinner with his work team mates, and they bought us a fantastic new vacuum, to start our marriage right. I am so glad they did, because the one I have now breaks ever other time I use it and makes horrible-sucking-out-your-soul sounds. I cannot wait to recycle the broken one, for the new shiny, exciting one.

Anyway, as a thank you, I wanted to bake some cookies, however there is a heat wave hitting Illinois...hard. So I didn't want to spend too much time in the hot kitchen making cookies but wanted them tasty. So, I stumbled on this recipe gem to make lemon cake mix cookies. They are so easy, and so tasty!

What you need:
  • One box of lemon cake mix
  • One egg
  • One 8 oz frozen whipped topping (we used cool whip) 
  • 1/3 cup of powder sugar
Instructions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350.
2.) Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil spray, or spread some oil on it, whatever you prefer.
3.) Mix cake mix, egg, and whipped topping together and blend until well mix. The batter will turn a really thick and sticky consistency. I kept calling it banana taffy. 
4.) Put powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Using a scooper (one of my favorite gifts Keith has EVER gotten me) scoop small amounts and put them in the powder sugar.
5.) Roll the batter in the powder sugar and cover it. TIP: Don't touch the batter until it has powder sugar on it otherwise it will stick to your hands.
6.) Place on the cookie sheet. Bake for around 10 minutes, then check on them. One of the trays needed more time, one was done in 10.


The finish product will look almost like the crust cracked, but that's how you want it. I don't think these look amazing, but boy did they taste delicious! This recipe yielded about 24 cookies. Enjoy

By the way,
Thanks so much already for the support we have gotten on the blog. We appreciate it! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment