Monday, August 26, 2013

Zesty Lime and Avocado Salad

First posting!!  Yayy!  So I made this yummy salad on a nice summer evening to go along with a delicious sandwich.  It has great tastes and flavor.  Definitely a great summer salad.
I started out with a 1 lb bag of frozen peeled and deveined shrimp from Trader Joe's.  This shrimp works great because all I needed to do was throw it in the strainer and let the water run for a bit to defrost it.  Once defrosted, I chopped it into small pieces for the salad.
Next up I chopped up 1/4 cup red onion, and let that marinate in a small bowl with the juice of two limes, 1 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper for at least 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl I then combined the chopped shrimp, 1 chopped up avocado, 1 chopped up medium tomato, 1 jalapeno chopped up with the seeds removed.  
Then I added the small bowl of onions and other ingredients and mixed it all together well.  Top that off with 1 tbsp chopped cilantro.  Add salt and pepper if needed.
It was a different kind of salad and I am really glad I tried it!  One thing I did learn is it does not hold over night...so invite some friends over and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment