Friday, January 3, 2014

Welcome 2014! (And a drink recipe)

I am excited for 2014. I feel like it's going to be a good year. One full of possibilities and changes for the better. I am still confirming my resolutions, so I haven't been able to start any. However, I have decided I need to read over 15 books this year and write at least 200 pages of anything. I need to get my creativity back. 

Anyway, Keith and I rang in the New Years very low key. We watched movies and hung out on the couch. It was kind of really fun. Keith and I decided to have a dinner of appetizers and we made several different kinds of drinks. We decided on several "vintage" cocktails, including the Pink Lady. The Pink Lady has been around for awhile. During Prohibition (1920-1933) it was already well known. Traditionally, pink lady is made with egg whites, however I found a recipe that didn't use it.


Here is the recipe we used:

  • 1 and 1/2 ounces of gin
  • 1/4 ounce of grenadine
  • 3/4 ounce simple syrup
  • 1 ounce heavy cream
  • Shaker of ice


Pour one shot glass of heavy cream in the shaker with ice. 


After rinsing out the shot glass, pour a full shot of gin, then half a shot. Add to the shaker



Keith measured out ounces using my teaspoons. To get 1/4 ounce I used 1 and a half teaspoons of grenadine. 



 Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. 

 
Enjoy! But be careful these are tasty and kind of strong. Also, its a cream drink which can be heavier then other cocktails. As always, drink responsibly. 


I hope 2014 is great for everyone and you visit back here often. We will have more posts in the up coming year! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment