Saturday, February 8, 2014

D.I.Y. Fun Washi Pencils

Wow, how has the time slipped by? It's been awhile since I posted. The last few weeks have been what I called "Birthday weeks" so I have been busy, do a lot of nothing but eating cake. BUT, I am back! and this time with a super simple d.i.y. to make your office supplies stand out.


I should give you some background, I am a coordinator at work. This means, my office is sometimes seen as the hub of my team. This also means when they need any office supply, they come in to ask me to borrow it. Sometimes I see it back, sometimes not. So, once I started to noticed my pens disappearing, I bought those obnoxious colored duct tape flower pens. So far, they have stayed in my office. I am going to try something similar with pencils.

Okay, you ready for this super hard D.I.Y? What do you need:


  •  A pair of scissors
  • pencils
  • Washi tape 
First things first, grab your tape and put the tape snug against the metal part.

Roll tape out, until it gets the end of the pencil and cut with scissors as close to the end of the pencil as possible.

Carefully push the strip of tape down, so it covers the pencil. My tape didn't fit all the way around, it only took up about half of the pencil diameter, so I need a second strip. Be careful while pushing down to get out any folds, bumps, etc.

Repeated on the second strip.

Make sure there aren't any bumps, folds or awkward line up for the two pieces of tape.

There you have it:

Fun new pencils that hopefully no one will steal :) enjoy!!!!






3 comments: