Thursday, February 13, 2014

How to: fabric button bracelet

You guys! Today we hit our 1000th blog view!!! How exciting! and what's more excited then that? TOMORROW, Megan is coming to visit me. So that means the two lovely ladies of this blog will be together again! (even if just for a weekend) I am so excited. A weekend of crafts and fun catching up. I cannot wait.

I have been really missing crafting and creating lately. I used to make so much jewelry, but lately I have found it hard to get started and really uninspired. But! This week I finally had a great idea for a different type of bracelet. I kind of loved how it turned out. I plan on making more and in bright colors. But I thought I would share this easy bracelet with you all. So, let's get started.

I know you are asking, "Oh man, Jenn that is cool. How can I make it?"
Well, it's easy!!!

You need:
  • A fabric button kit, large size
  • a chain bracelet blank 
  • Strong glue
  • fabric (not pictured)
  • pliers (not pictured)
Use your pliers to remove the part of the button that is sticking out. I found it easiest to squeeze the inside part and pull out the loop from the top. Repeat with all 6 buttons in your button kit.

Cut the fabric you want to size given to you on the button kit box. My template was located on the back of the box. It will usually say where it is in the kit.


Then take the fabric and place it pattern down in the plastic mold. Place the rounded top of the button down next. Let the fabric bunch, and between the fabric bunches and the rounded part of the button lay the bottom of the button down.

Then push down hard.

Continue to you get all your buttons done. I did 6 since my bracelet had 12 blanks, so two blanks per button.

Then glue on each button. Again, 2 blanks per button.

Let it dry face down. It took a few hours.

Finished product!

Sorry, I am trying to figure out my camera. My photos are too dark, but I hope you get what I was trying to show.

Happy crafting!











No comments:

Post a Comment