Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cold weather recipe

This winter has been brutal in Illinois, almost to the point where I don't want to go out once the sun has set. The snow has come down really heavy and the cold has been REALLY cold. We even had cold days at work, COLD DAYS! Keith had 4, I had 2. CRAZY. Now, people have somewhat adjusted to the cold, but everyone is in a bad mood and wear way too many layers, myself included. One of those really cold nights, I reached for one of my favorite recipes. It always warms me up, and it makes me think of my mom's dad, my Grandpa L. This is his recipe for Tater Tot Casserole


What you need:
1/2 a bag of frozen tater tots
1 lb of ground beef
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (we used reduced fat)
milk
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

What to do:

Brown the meat. While browning the meat, preheat the oven to 350. Once you cook the meat, drain and place in the bottom of a casserole dish. Like so: 


Next, layer on half the bag of frozen tater tots-still frozen

In a bowl mix the can of cream of mushroom soup and half a can of milk together. Then pour on top the layers of beef and tater tots.

Next, add the cheddar cheese on top. Place in the oven and cook for about 30-40 minutes. I always start checking at like 20 minutes just to double check.

Pull out of the oven and eat! It really is so delicious and filling. It's not great for you, but it's not as bad as it sounds either and it really is perfect on those cold nights where all you want to do is cuddle with a blanket, drink tea and stare at the tv.

Stay warm out there kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment