Thursday, October 31, 2013

Books, Books and more Books!!

So my eyes have recently been opened to a little something called library book sales.  Apparently in the spring and fall seasons, many libraries put on book sales to raise money.  They take place at the library over a couple of days on the weekends.  Anyone can come and buy as many books as they want.  These books were all donated and then sold for anywhere from two dollars a piece to 50 cents.  They seem to start at a price and as the days go on, the prices go down.  My dear friend and I attended two of these sales in the last few weeks and got some awesome deals!  The box of books is from one sale and the bag of books is from a second.  Word on the street is some sales aren't as good as others, but that you can probably always come out with at least a few good ones!




I got so many books and unfortunately realized later that I had actually already read two of the books I purchased(oh, well, they only cost a dollar).  But to not repeat this many more times I took the suggestion of that same dear friend who went with me to the sales and started a "Book Book".  I used an empty notebook I had around the house and began to write down all the books that I got at the sales, all the books already on my bookshelves and other books that I have read in the past(as many as I could remember).  Of course being overly organized, I also coded it.  Check marks are for the books I already read and dots are for books that I already own.

Sounds really nerdy but I did this after the first book sale I went to, and then at the second one I made sure I wasn't buying anything that I already owned or had already read.

These books sales seem to be advertised using signs outside the library and one the library websites.  So come the spring season, go and check out your local library book sale.  You come away with some great books and are helping to support your local libraries at the same time!

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment