Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekend Outings: Pullman House Tour

Jenn's note: This post was originally scheduled to be posted Monday of last week. Let's pretend I posted it then. I have had a crazy busy week with work, and the week got on top of me. Anyway, enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This past weekend I went on the Historic Pullman Walking Tour. It was amazing. This town, dating back to the 1800s, was developed by George Pullman of the Pullman Rail Car fame for his employees. The history is deep in this area of Chicago, I am not going to go into it, but serious look it up, super interesting! I have never been here before. Little did I know, I would leave this place in love and inspired.

Everyone we met, or the people who own the houses you toured were such cool people. They all seemed interested in history and most were artists. It was so neat to see this little 4 by 4 block neighborhood in Chicago, that seemed so passionate.

 I even found a house that is not too out of our price range, that has had me drooling. Keith and I keep looking at photos of it. It's so neat. Built in 1870s as a skilled workers home, it has such charm, I felt that click the instant I walked in the door. Who knows what will happen, but that house....man, I will be in my dreams for awhile.

Anyway, here are just a few photos of the adventure I had.






No comments:

Post a Comment