Thursday, July 10, 2014

D.I.Y. Word Wall Art

I don't read as much as I used to. I should, and I will try to work on that. Maybe I will set a goal- 15 books for the rest of the year. Is that a lot? I feel like I don't know because some books take me a day to finish and others seems to hang on with me for weeks. So, 15 minimum. Deal? I will keep you posted on my progress. 

I have declared my love on this blog for a certain Mr. Hemingway. I still love him, don't worry. However, I was putting away some books and a few Vonnegut books appeared. I forgot how much I love Slaughterhouse-Five. I have kept this worn copy since high school. So, when I was thinking of wall art and thought of doing a simple word wall art- a light bulb went off in my head. So, I ran to the craft store (okay- I took the train to the craft store) bought small wooden letters, 2 different kinds of paint, a thin paint brush and all purpose glue. I had canvases at home. I headed back on the bus (don't ask!) and got to work once home. 

I pulled out the good "S-O-I-T-G-E"s and assembled my saying. So it goes. Simple, elegant, reminder, motto. I painted the letters two coats of this bright aqua.

I wanted a lighter background- so that the letters were a little more dramatic. I also didn't want you normal straight paint job. So I got creative. I did one coat of the gray paint on the canvas.




Once it dried, I laid out my pattern- then glue them on individually. I let that dry, and there you have it a new wall art!



It's a bit dark-a bit weird, but I like it. It's a good reminder.


Okay, well this is my easy wall art. I really enjoyed making it.

Happy crafting!!!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment