Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hemingway Cocktail

Last year, around this time I read my first Hemingway book, A Moveable Feast. I feel in love instantly and couldn't put it down. His words were amazing and I wanted to be there to experience Paris in the 1920s. It was such a glorious book, I would say it change my life even for that brief little period. I talked about it constantly, I wanted to live it, etc etc. But, alas I have put off reading more Hemingway in case I didn't like it as much. 

Since I read that book, I have had a soft spot for Hemingway. I defended his honor in discussions of good authors a few time, but I felt bad because I only had the one book to basis on and of course what you hear. So, here it is, I cave. I'm reading another Hemingway starting tonight.

In honor of this, I present you with a delicious Daiquiri, especially made for Mr. Hemingway. This recipe can vary, but this is the one I really like. 




  • 1 ounce of white rum 
  • 1/4 ounce of maraschino liqueur
  • 1/2 ounce of grapefruit juice (freshly squeezed is best!)
  • 3/4 ounce of simple syrup
  • 3/4 ounce of fresh lime juice
Shake all ingredients and strain into a cocktail glass. I put a cherry in there for good measure too. 




 
This drink is very tasty. drink responsibly. 

and seriously, do yourself a favor and read A Moveable Feast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment