Friday, March 28, 2014

How to: dishwasher magnet


So, I don't like doing dishes. There I said it. However, they won't do themselves, so I needed to figure out a way to know when I needed to do them. Keith has a weird schedule this semester, and some notes I am already in bed by the time he gets in. He usually is the one to start the dishwasher and because we have such a small place and the dishwasher is right next to where we watch tv, he always starts it at night so it won't be loud while we are talking or catching up on our stories. Well, this is very nice of him but because I am usually in bed, I never know if the dishes are clean or dirty to load or unload it. So, today I decided to make us a little tool to help us out. The fantastic clean/dirty dishwasher magnet.

Here's how! 

This is what you need: a hot glue gun, scrabble letters spelling out clean & dirty (our game was missing pieces so I didn't feel too bad pulling out these letters), self sticking magnets and I got a wood base that I painted gray.

First step- position the words how you want them. Remember, they have to be facing opposite ways.

I marked where I wanted the word to end on the wood base for when I started gluing the letters.

Hot glue the letters

Make sure they line up with the line you drew

Continue until you have one word done. Turn over the wood base and start on the second word. I found it was easiest to work backwards.

After gluing letters, get off all the stringy hot glue.

Once dried, flip it over and peel of the sticker on the self-sticking magnet. I attached one on each corner.
 
It holds like a champ .


This is a pretty easy thing to make and it's so useful. I am not sure why I haven't made it before!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment